Outreach Program: Merimbula 2021
The Quirky Kid Clinic in partnership with Merimbula Psychology and the local medical and allied health community are pleased to announce our outreach assessment service in Merimbula.
The following information aims to provide potential clients with adequate information to make an informed decision about scheduling an assessment with The Quirky Kid team.
The assessment service is open to a maximum of 12 clients.
Location and Period
The outreach program begins with a compulsory Parent Only consultation by phone or video link with Dr Kimberley O'Brien before 23rd December 2021. Please book ASAP to secure an appointment. The Child Only appointments will take place between Monday 18th of January 2021 to Tuesday 19th of January 2021.
Our Outreach Team will be based at Merimbula Psychology on 46 Merimbula Drive Merimbula NSW 2548.
The purpose of the outreach is for psychological assessments. The Quirky Kid Clinic offers a broad range of psychometric and diagnostic assessments, including the Autism Assessment (ADOS-2), Educational Assessment (WISC-V, WIAT-III or SB-5) and a Behavioural Assessment (Conners or ASEBA). You can read more about these on our website.
In order to qualify for an appointment, all clients will need to complete our usual intake procedure. This includes reading and agreeing with our terms and conditions, fees schedules and other policies such as privacy policies.
You can read more about ' what to expect from the assessment of this article'. Please note:
- Two Quirky Kid Psychologists will be available for two days only in Merimbula.
- Parent Only appointments by phone or video link must be conducted in December 2020 to record relevant background information. Previous assessments can also be shared as part of this process.
- Bookings are on a first booked, first-served basis. This service does not have a waitlist.
It is important that you follow the information below to ensure your booking will be confirmed.
- Contact our customer support team via our contact form. Make sure the subject includes the words Merimbula Outreach.
- We'll contact you to schedule a Parent Only Consultation (phone or video) to obtain the necessary background information.
- Depending on your case, we may request you to provide us with a copy of the previous reports.
- You will then be asked to schedule a Child Only session for Monday 17th of January 2021 at Merimbula Clinic in Merimbula.
- The assessments will take place on Tuesday 18th of January 2021 also at Merimbula Psychology
Things to Consider
We are committed to exceeding clients expectations and want to ensure our team and your family is well supported during the outreach. Please consider the following:
Assessments fees, including the Parent Only appointment range from $1500 to $4500 depending on the number of tests required. Note, in most cases, Medicare rebates do not cover assessments. Private Health Funds and MHCPs do not cover assessments.
- Outcome and results:
Assessment outcomes are unknown until all the required information and test results are obtained. Sometimes, additional testing may be required after the initial assessment process. A diagnosis is based on the background information provided, the DSM-V criteria and our psychologist's clinical observations. Please note, a diagnosis is not guaranteed.
The reports will be Express Posted to parents once the assessment report is completed. This can take between 10 to 30 business days.
- Strict Cancellation Policy
As our team will be travelling for the purpose of providing assessments. Cancellation fees apply with no exceptions.