Things to know about tests and assessments
Psychologists often undertake psychological testing of individuals, groups or organisations that can provide valuable information about their perceptions, thoughts, and feelings, or their cognitive functioning such as memory and learning. This article outlines what to expect if you decide to proceed with an assessment here at Quirky Kid.
What kinds of assessments do you offer?
Below is a list of just some of the assessments we offer at Quirky Kid. Please click on the following links to read more on our website:
- Educational assessment
- Cognitive assessment
- Behavioral assessment
- Autism Spectrum (ASD) assessment (ADOS-2)
- Amongst others!
What is the assessment process like?
The assessment process can differ from child to child, but it typically involves the following:
- Parent interview and school interviews, social observation and standardised testing with the child
- The gathering of all necessary information by direct interviews, reviews of previous assessments, and consulting with manuals, articles and peers
- The scoring and interpretation of test results and other available information
- The compilation of results in a detailed psychological report. Reports typically include a summary of background information, medical history, clinical observations, test results and recommendations
- The report is provided to parents/carers and a feedback session with the psychologist is arranged to discuss findings and make any necessary corrections (the results of the assessment and the psychologist's interpretation of results cannot be changed, however, any errors found in the psychological report will be corrected).
How much does it cost?
The assessment cost is calculated based on psychologist and administration time. You should review our Schedule of Fees page for a general explanation of fees and costs. The cost of the assessment process can vary depending on your unique requirements or case complexities and other information which may arise during the testing process.
For this reason, we are only able to provide you with an estimate rather than a fixed quote for each assessment. We will update you as soon as possible if we foresee any changes to the estimated cost being needed. However, assessments fees always include:
- The fees for forms, stationery and postage
- One printed copy of the report
- One feedback session (15 to 30 minutes depending on assessment type)
- We may offer a discount when multiple tests are required as part of an assessment
We do not provide digital copies of psychological reports to ensure privacy and confidentiality. Any additional copies requested (for other parents, teachers, or lawyers, for example) will incur a charge in accordance with our Schedule of Fees. The report is sent only to the parent who completed the Quirky Kid intake form.
How long does the assessment process last?
Appointments with our psychologists are often available within the next 3 to 4 weeks. In-clinic assessments are usually booked in the morning, from 10am-12pm. Most reports are ready 15 business days after all testing is completed and all assessment responses have been received.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions! You can read more about assessments on our website, or call us at 9362 9297.