How do I know if my child is a good fit for your workshops?
At Quirky Kid, we are committed to making group work fun for everyone, including our facilitators! The following criteria have been developed by the QK Clinical Team after reviewing our 10-year history of program delivery, including observations, feedback from parents and the experiences of past participants.
Here’s the outcome:
To participate in our workshops, we ask participants to:
- Be able to separate from their parents without difficulty
- Be able to concentrate and engage in activities for up to three hours with regular breaks
- Have appropriate communication skills for their age
- Be prepared to read, write and draw to complete short activities
- Be respectful and behave consistently with a school setting
How Can We Be Sure?
If your child has a pre-existing diagnosis ( such as for example ASD, ADHD, ODD, CD) prior to registering for these group programs, we ask parents to book:
- A 30-minute parent-only consultation with a psychologist at the Quirky Kid clinic to gather detailed background information regarding your child’s presentation and any previous diagnoses.
- A 30-minute child consultation with a psychologist at the Quirky Kid clinic to assess their needs and determine suitability for the program.
Each child is carefully assessed to determine whether our group programs are appropriate for your child and whether there are other services that may better meet their needs. The cost of this initial program assessment is $210.
Finding the Right Fit
To ensure all participants benefit from our group programs, we offer alternative services or referral options to parents of children who meet any of the criteria below:
- Are non-verbal, or
- Have difficulty reading, writing and drawing, or
- Have a Moderate to Severe developmental delay, or
- Have a history of disruptive, defiant and/or aggressive behaviour at home or school, or
- Have significant behavioural problems, or
- Are considered at-risk of abuse and/or neglect or
- Are currently suicidal or regularly self-harming
For further information or to schedule a consultation, please contact Quirky Kid customer support on 02 9362 9297, or book online: