As the Coronavirus continues to disrupt our daily lives and our work lives, Quirky Kid wants to reassure you that as a business and as a team, we have enacted our own contingency plans and remain committed to supporting you and your family.
Quirky Kid is taking several precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of its employees and clients, especially while delivering services to help further reduce the spread of the virus.
The following information and guideline are current as of 8 October 2021. These rules apply until further notice.
- All consultations that can be delivered via Telehealth, should be delivered electronically.*
- Children aged 12 and over, who are fully vaccinated (parents must also be fully vaccinated) can return to face-to-face appointments if necessary from 16 October 2021,
- Children aged under 12 who are not vaccinated will be able to returns to face-face consultations from 25 October 2021 as long their parents are vaccinated.
- Proof of Vaccination must be provided.
- You can manage your bookings via our online portal.
Some face-to-face sessions may be considered essential to the child’s wellbeing and cannot be postponed. Our team will discuss this with you on an individual basis, however, if you are a new client, please take it into account.
In the unlikely event, you need to attend the Clinic Setting during this period.
- Face-Masks are still mandatory.
- Please ring the intercom. Our reception areas will be a drop-off and pick-up area only. Pick up and drop off will be in the stairs areas.
- No parent will be allowed to wait in our waiting or consulting rooms. This change from December 2021.
- If visiting our clinics for appointments, all children will be asked to wash their hands before the consultation starts;
- Only one family member (in addition to the child) can be present at any given time during drop off and pick up.
- All parent sessions will be conducted online or over the phone.
- If you or your child are displaying any cold-like symptoms, please change your consultation to a phone or online consultation.
- If you have been in any of the areas identified by the NSW please let us know and follow NSW Health Guidelines.
Mask Wearing Exceptions
People are not required to wear masks if they:
- Children aged 12 or under
- Experience a physical or mental illness, condition, or disability that makes wearing a fitted face-covering unsuitable, for example, a skin condition, an intellectual disability, autism, or trauma.
- If you, or a relative, or a person close to you have been infected OR is being tested, please notify us;
- If any students at your child's school have been infected, please notify us;
- If you have recently visited or had contact with someone who has attended a positive-case location, please advise Quirky Kid and please change your appointment to a phone or video consultation.
- If you have just been tested or are currently in self-quarantine awaiting results, please advise Quirky Kid and please change your appointment to a phone or video consultation.
- Ask your child to wash their hands frequently and avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell until you fully recover. Seek medical care early if you have a fever, cough, or experience breathing difficulties.
Our Staff and Clients
- As of the date above, no Quirky Kid Staff has recently visited or had contact with someone who has attended a positive-case location; or received a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
- As of the date above, there have been no reports of any Quirky Kid client diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Approximately 75% of the Quirky Kid staff has been fully vaccinated and 25% has received their first done. The remaining staff has scheduled their vaccinations.
In addition, Quirky Kid is following the guidance of the World Health Organisation and The Australian Psychological Society for further updates.
- Australian Government Department of Health: The Department of Health has developed a collection of resources for the general public, health professionals, and industry about coronavirus (COVID-19), including translated resources.
- New South Wales Government: To view the latest COVID-19 news and updates, including positive-case locations.
We appreciate your understanding as we seek to avoid any unnecessary risks to our employees, their families, you, and others in our community.