Cancellation and re-schedule policy
This article explains our cancellation and re-schedule policy. This policy applies to private clients. NDIS clients should consult the current NDIS policy.
Cancellation and Reschedule Policy
A cancellation fee applies when you change or cancel an appointment without providing two (2) business days notice. A business day means a day that is not a Saturday, a Sunday or a public holiday in NSW. The cancellation fee is equal to the scheduled service fee.
For all clarity, if you need to cancel or postpone your appointment, please give Quirky Kid 2 business day notice otherwise, you will be charged the full fee.
When you make an appointment with Quirky Kid, please take the time to note it in your diary, calendar, smartphone, the palm of your hand, knotted string or whatever you do to make sure you don’t forget important occasions!
But note that this means if you want to cancel a Monday morning appointment, you need to do that the week before, by first thing Thursday at the latest.
Again, a business day means a day that is not a Saturday, a Sunday or a public holiday in NSW. It doesn’t work if you notify us on the weekend or a public holiday – we won’t be there.
Serious Extenuating circumstances
- A telephone or online consultation (where appropriate, considering the needs of the client);
- Reschedule your appointment to a time within the same week, if space is available;
- Apply a compassionate fee reduction of 50% if you can show you missed or had to cancel the appointment due to serious extenuating circumstances criteria, but only once.
Qualifying for extenuating circumstances
Serious extenuating circumstances means something which is:
- extremely beyond your control;
- nor foreseeable or incapable of being anticipated; and
- makes it impossible for you and your child to attend the scheduled appointment in person, phone or video. This is an important criteria.
For example, we will not consider granting a fee waiver in the following circumstances:
- you have forgotten due to other issues;
- you have double-booked another appointment or engagement;
- your car has broken down; or
- another child has fallen ill, or you cannot find someone to mind them
Expectation from parents
In dealing with this matter, Quirky Kid expects parents to conduct themselves appropriately and understand we have a zero-tolerance for any behaviour that intimidates or distress our staff.
Thank you for your understanding.