As the Coronavirus continues to disrupt our daily lives and our work lives, Quirky Kid wants to reassure you that as a business and as a team, we have enacted our own contingency plans and remain committed to supporting you and your family.
Quirky Kid is taking several precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of its employees and clients, especially while delivering services to help further reduce the spread of the virus.
The following information and guideline are current as 18 September 2020.
When in The Clinic Setting
- When visiting our clinics for appointments, all children and parents will be asked to wash their hands before the consultation starts;
- Our reception area preferably a drop-off and pick-up area only. You will be asked not to wait in the consulting room or reception area if we have over 2 other people in the area. Only one family member (in addition to the child) can be present at any given time.
- All parent sessions should be conducted online or over the phone as a preference.
- If you or your child are displaying any cold-like symptoms, please change your consultation to a phone or online consultation.
- If you, or a relative, or a person close you have been infected OR is been tested, please notify us;
- If any students at your child's school have been infected, please notify us;
- If you have recently travelled to Victoria, internationally and/or have just been tested or are currently in self-quarantine awaiting results, please advise Quirky Kid and please change your consultation to a phone or online consultation.
- Ask your child to wash their hands frequently and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth;
- Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell until you fully recover. Seek medical care early if you have a fever, cough or experience breathing difficulties.
Our Staff and Clients
- As of the date above, no Quirky Kid Staff has travelled overseas or to Victoria, been in contact with a known infected person or received a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 in the last 15 days.
- As of the date above, there have been no reports of any client been diagnosed with COVID-19.
In addition, Quirky Kid is following the guidance of the World Health Organisation and The Australian Psychological Society for further updates.
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides reliable information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) such as its symptoms, steps you can take to protect yourself, and what to do if you are affected.
- Australian Government Department of Health: The Department of Health has developed a collection of resources for the general public, health professionals and industry about coronavirus (COVID-19), including translated resources.
We appreciate your understanding as we seek to avoid any unnecessary risks to our employees, their families, you and others in our community.