Schedule of Fees
-- 2017/2018 schedule of fees --
This document sets out the fees and charges of our offer to provide psychological services and other related services to you, it constitutes our costs agreement and disclosure pursuant to our obligations. This schedule is based on the national schedule by the Australian Psychological Society (APS). Prices do not include GST. This schedule is valid from July 2017 to June 2018.
Please become familiar with this document as all services delivered by us are charged according to this document. You should read this document in full. Please pay special attention to the following:
- Our cancellation and/or re-scheduling policy are strictly observed. Cancellation/reschedule fee will apply without 48 business hours notice.
- Reports or any written documentation are not included in the cost of a standard consultation and are charged separately.
- A minimum fee of equivalent to 30 minutes of any service does apply to all requests.
- Telephone consultations and teleconferences require upfront payment upon booking.
Assessment and Reports
The costs presented below are an estimation only and the total cost depends on the complexity of the assessment and report. We can provide you with a quote.
|PS1||Intelligence and Cognitive Ability Tests (6,9)||$1400||6 Hours|
|PS2||Educational Achievement Tests (6,9)||$1400||6 Hours|
||Autism Diagnostic and Developmental Tests (6,9)||
||Behaviour or Screening Tests (6,9)||
|RO1||Letter, File Review or Report Writing (5, 6)||
In addition to the consultation costs, administration fees and charges apply as described below.
|AD1||Call to Mobile Numbers or International Calls||$7||Unit|
|AD2||Postage and Handling (eg reports or important documents)||
||File Retrieval from Archive or Report Printing||
||Travel Cost (8)||
|AD5||Subpoena or file preparation and copy (7)||$246||Unit|
Notes and Explanations
- After the initial hour, sessions are charged in 15 minute increments. A minimum fee of 30 minutes applies to all services. These items do not include reports or any written documents. Fees are charged per professional per hour. Not all services provided by us are eligible for Medicare or private health rebates. These items are not to be confused with Medicare Item numbers. Medicare services are delivered in accordance with Medicare guidelines, and this schedule does not cover those.
- Psychologists are registered with The Board and Medicare.
- A case conference is a consultation between the psychologist and others, typically outside the clinic setting. This rate is for the professional time only and other fees like travel time, and costs may apply.
- Case management is charged when communication between the client, another person involved in the case and the psychologist is required or when additional coordination is required.
- Report costs are calculated on a time basis. Additional time may be required to complete a report or assessment, and when this occurs fees are calculated and will be charged as per item IO4 of this schedule. Professional letters to medical or referral agencies concerning treatment needs of the client are not considered to constitute reports. Letters are charged as per RO1 item on this schedule of fees or billed on an hourly basis if necessary.
- A report is a psychological service that is directly requested by the referring agency or client. Reports require explicit written or verbal consent from the client or a legal guardian. Reports must comply with rigorous professional and clinical standards and are a structured presentation typically including such components as relevant psychological history, history of presenting issues, present conditions, test results, interventions, and recommendations.
Please note that report length and charging arrangements may vary according to the specific requirements of the requesting client or agency, and a quote can be provided prior.
The following formula is used to calculate the final report fees: Rc = Fr + Pwt + Rr + At. Report cost (Rc), File review (Fr), Professional writing time (Pwt), Report review (Rr), Administrative time (At)
- This item includes any work carried out in regards to a high conflict case, legal matter and may include the review of documents, case management, case conferences, affidavit preparation, expert witnesses, court attendance, provision or testimony. Fees for this service are higher to take into account the additional complexity, intensity and disruption of service. The rate for attendance in court for less than one hour is $600 plus administration fees. For prolonged attendance items of more than two hours, each additional and consecutive hour after the initial two hours are charged at a rate of $600. Costs to produce a subpoena may be higher depending on the size of a file.
- Travel time is charged for psychologists commuting to and from the clinic setting (transit). The cost of the travel (personal vehicle or taxi) is charged as per item AD4 or more when required. Air travel must be premium economy or business class fare with insurance. Accommodation is at a minimum of 4-star hotel incl. breakfast.
- Psychometric tests are not the same as a Psychological Assessment. The fees for each test include up to 6 hours of psychologists' time that are allocated for parent interview and feedback, test administration, scoring, and interpretation of results and report writing. In some cases, further time may be required to complete a test and this will be charged as per the standard hourly rate. Psychological assessments may require multiple tests and other clinical interviews.
- We reserve the right to update this schedule at any given time. The most updated version will always be found on our website.